Joomla makes it very easy to check everything out by “test driving” the whole system. It allows you to sign in as the Administrator user and check how the site looks. The backend is the place where you can make changes to your site/articles/categories and so on. In time you will become more familiar with this content management system and you will be able to make better use of the Joomla script and all of the available modules/plugins.
Joomla recommends you to plan in advance about what you want to do with your website. Try to see your website in broader aspects right from the beggining. There are four questions that may help you do just that:
- What do you want to accomplish with your website?
- What content do you want to post (nature of the content and how much)?
- How do you want to interact with your visitors, and who are your visitors?
- What is your budget to work with and how long do you have to accomplish your goals?
If you are interested in making websites using Joomla then you need to stop spending time on the website making process and just focus on the answers for the above questions and move forward.
Before proceeding further a question definitely arises in your mind and that is “What Joomla can do for me?” What Joomla allows you to do is mentioned below:
- With the use of a word processor-style interface you can easily edit the content of every page of your site
- By using a point-and-click interface you can add new pages to your site.
- Through Web-based uploads add images and other media.
- Easily controll navigation menus and your website page layout.
There are many other features Joomla’s Content Management System can provide you. Joomla allow you to create and manage your web site without you having to pay the services of web site designer. If you like the site of a particular company, you can simply make yours look the same by using the Joomla system.
For all the PHP fans out there we have good news: Joomla is written in PHP. If you are not a fan or you don't even know PHP to begin with then don't worry. You do not need to have knowledge of this language, you can just simply create the web site in your own way and still enjoy all the Joomla features.
To understand the Joomla Content Management System you have to spend time learning more about each particular thing. we will definitely provide you more details and tutorials through our up coming posts. Now you just need to think about the answers of the four questions mentioned above to become familiar with what are the requirements of web site development.